Sr. Project Manager
The Sr. Project Manager understands the mission and core values of Veritas and can translate those into actions and results. He or she demonstrates a deep sense of personal responsibility and project ownership. The goal of a Senior Project Manager is to supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, according to requirements, and with the safety of employees, vendors, and the community as a top priority.
An excellent Sr. PM must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures, specifically construction of existing urban, multi-family residential structures. She or he will also be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of construction projects
- Develop and manage project budgets, schedules, and forecasts
- Coordinate with internal and external parties including subs, consultants and building officials
- Maintain adherence to project standards through project close out
- Maintain long term relationships with designers and contractors
- Provide oversight to APM/PE + project coordinators in an effort to shift tasks and responsibilities to each
- Manage project team in collaboration with Property Managers and Resident Managers
- As many project locations are occupied buildings, sensitivity to the comfort, convenience, and safety of residents, during construction, is paramount
- Handle unforeseen conditions quickly and professionally, communicating changes and challenges to all relevant parties
- Take lead of group on different SWAT/Steering committees
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Ability to scope/schedule/budget entire project, including complete “buy-out” for any projects assigned to them
- Ability to prioritize multiple jobs including ability to prioritize and multi-task while leading meetings, and delivering reports as needed
- Ability to effectively read architectural drawings and understand construction documents
- Experience with, or understanding of, the complex rent-controlled residential environment
- Be a subject matter expert on key attributes of a PM and be able to train subordinates as required
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Understanding of the highest level of quality and safety standards
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, and/or other related fields or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of construction management experience with a demonstrated progression of increased responsibility in project management
- 5-7 years experience in managing others
- Advanced expertise in MS Office, Microsoft Project, and Bluebeam -- knowledge of Yardi and AutoCAD a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is often performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to: PSG@veritasinv.com