Senior Property Accountant
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for the accounting and internal/external reporting of the Company’s real estate assets and their related investment funds. Primary responsibilities include facilitating the monthly close process and requisite monthly/quarterly/annual reporting. The Senior Property Accountant will work closely with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Property Management and Cash Management to ensure that financial statements and accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Additionally, the Senior Property Accountant will assist in the development and implementation of internal policies, procedures and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform day-to-day accounting and financial statement analysis of real estate assets and their related investment funds
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and associated consolidated financial statements, supporting schedules and analyses
- Analyze and record acquisitions/dispositions of real estate assets
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of cash flow projections and cash requirements for real estate assets and their related investment funds
- Communicate with Asset Management to assist with preparation of cash position, variance and capex analyses for annual budgets and re-forecasting
- Evaluate all significant accounting transactions, research and implement relevant accounting technical standards
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of information supporting the annual tax return and the annual audit
- Support Accounting Managers/Assistant Controller to establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures and assist in the training of new hires and the roll out of any new accounting software initiatives
- Collaborate with Business Process Improvement (BPI) team, Information Technology, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Operations teams to automate and improve process efficiencies within the Accounting department
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Effective at prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to operate in a fluid, fast paced, start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A determination to do the best job possible for your team and the company
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of accounting experience
- CPA and Yardi experience a plus
- Multi-family real estate property accounting experience a plus
- Institutional real estate investment fund accounting experience a plus
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Excel and Word
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Physical Requirements: This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain. The position may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, up to and including 20 lbs. The position requires talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word to impart information to clients or to the public, and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108