Property Accountant is responsible for the general ledger accounting and preparation of financial statements for real estate portfolios in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Primary responsibilities include timely processing of all accounting and reporting aspects of day-to-day and month-end closing procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process day-to-day accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP;
- Perform month-end closing procedures: bank reconciliations, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliation, ledger reconciliation, evaluation of transaction coding and allocation, recording of asset amortization/depreciation and monthly accruals, variance and trend analyses, other applicable month-end procedures in accordance with the company’s policies;
- Record acquisitions/dispositions of real estate assets;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements and supporting packages for the management team, investors and lenders;
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules to ensure accuracy of transaction recording;
- Assist Treasury with the management of cash flow and cash requirements for the assigned real estate portfolios;
- Communicate with Asset Management to assist with preparation of cash position, variance and capex analyses for annual budgets and re-forecasts;
- Assist with the provision of information for interim/annual audits and annual tax returns;
- Prepare and submit various local tax filings in compliance with local statues: parking tax returns, gross receipts tax return, personal property tax returns.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to collaborate constructively with the team and other internal/external parties;
- Effective at handling multiple projects with shifting deadlines;
- Ability to operate in a fluid, fast paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience;
- CPA, real estate and Yardi experience a plus;
- Real Estate accounting experience;
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Excel and Word; and
- BA in Business/related field, or equivalent work experience
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Physical Requirements: This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain. The position may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, up to and including 20 lbs. The position requires talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word to impart information to clients or to the public, and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108