The Project Manager demonstrates a deep sense of personal responsibility and project ownership of varying sizes (small to large). The goal of a Project Manager is to supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, according to requirements, and with the safety of employees, vendors, and the community as a top priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of construction projects
- Develop and manage project budgets, schedules, and forecasts
- Coordinate with internal and external parties including subs, consultants and building officials
- Maintain adherence to project standards through project close out
- Manage project team in collaboration with Property Managers and Resident Managers
- As many project locations are occupied buildings, sensitivity to the comfort, convenience, and safety of residents, during construction, is paramount
- Handle unforeseen conditions quickly and professionally, communicating changes and challenges to all relevant parties
- A good understanding of construction procedures and project management principles
- A good understanding of schedules, budgets, and scope of project reports
- Experience with existing urban, multi-family residential structures preferred
- Ability to prioritize projects project, multi-task, and change direction due to unforeseen conditions
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and task oriented
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to management and property managers to achieve project goals
- Ability to successfully communicate with experts including architects, contractors, client's representatives, lawyers, engineers, consultants and team members
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1-3 years of project management experience
- Knowledge of MS Office, Microsoft Project -- knowledge of Yardi, AutoCAD and Bluebeam a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use office equipment such as computers and copiers, to use hands and fingers operate tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to email@example.com or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108