Junior Architectural/Interior Designer
The Junior Architectural/Interior Designer understands the mission and core values of Veritas and can translate those into actions and results. He or she demonstrates a deep sense of personal responsibility, creativity, and project ownership. The goal of the Designer is to support a wide range of projects from design through to construction close, ensuring projects are efficiently designed and delivered on time, on budget, according to requirements, and with the safety of employees, vendors, and the community as a top priority.
An excellent Designer candidate must be well-versed in not only architectural planning and interior design, but also have basic knowledge of construction methodologies and procedures. His or her experience will specifically include work on existing, urban, multi-family residential & retail structures. The Designer will be able to work within a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create design packages for building interiors and exteriors including finishes, lighting, and signage to enhance the function, safety, and aesthetics of our buildings
- Develop and assemble permit and construction drawings sets in AutoCad
- Participate in design review meetings
- Understand design professional contracts
- Help the senior designers develop, maintain and update finish and construction specifications for all projects.
- Help coordinate and manage project budgets and schedules
- Coordinate with internal and external parties including subs, consultants and building officials
- Work under design managers in collaboration with Property Managers and Resident Managers
- Help source and qualifying strategic vendors
- Basic understanding of current building codes and legislation
- Ability to scope/schedule/budget entire project, including complete “buy-out” for any projects assigned to them
- Ability to prioritize multiple jobs including ability to prioritize and multi-task while leading meetings, and delivering reports as needed
- Ability to effectively create and communicate architectural drawings and construction documents
- A team player
- Understanding of the highest level of quality and safety standards
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or design
- 0-4 Years experience in an architecture or interior design office
- Expertise in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is sometimes performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to: PSG@veritasinv.com