As an investment Manager you will be responsible for deal origination, underwriting and closing. As Veritas acquires approximately 30-60 properties per year, the pace is fast and requires the ability to effectively prioritize and manage many priorities in order to meet the Firm’s desired growth. The proper candidate will be someone who is excited by this high-energy, entrepreneurial environment while at the same time exhibiting the polished demeanor of a seasoned professional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal origination. The Investment Manager shall directly source, value, negotiate and close real estate acquisitions.
- Financial Analysis: He/she will be responsible for financial analysis of potential acquisitions through preparation and analysis of pro forma financials and supporting documents.
- Generating offers for investment opportunities, negotiating and executing LOI’s and PSA’s with prospective sellers.
- Assist with the due diligence process including review of legal documents, third party reports and other materials.
- Maintaining current market information and contacts in order to source and quickly react to investment opportunities.
- Track / monitor current trends in equity markets.
- Assisting with client presentations and Investment Book preparation
- Other projects as assigned by CIO and/or CEO.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated, hard-working and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Experience sourcing, underwriting, and closing investment transactions and financings.
- Established network of broker, owner and financial institution relationships to facilitate sourcing.
- A sound understanding of the capital markets.
- Strong financial background and expertise with financial modeling required.
- Transaction due diligence and management of the closing process.
- Flexibility in competently managing competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Conscientious and attentive to detail. Possesses strong transactional management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, creativity and provide complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree from top tier university. MBA required.
- Minimum 5-10 years of successful real estate investment experience, preference for multi-family.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use office equipment such as computers and copiers, to use hands and fingers operate tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We provide employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Qualified job applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
ABOUT VERITAS INVESTMENTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, Veritas Investments is an experienced real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The company offers institutional and Individual investors a vertically-Integrated platform and a clearly defined investment strategy that focuses on acquiring undermanaged multifamily and urban retail properties and then enhancing their income and value through building and management improvements. The company holds a track record for moving quickly on opportunities, executing efficiently on strategy, and delivering superior financial performance to investors while giving back to the community.
Veritas Investments has been fortunate to be the recipient of many awards including two recent honors: IREM's Workplace Environment Award for Employee and Leadership Development and was also named Real Estate Investment Fund of the Year by REFI.