The Development Manager understands the mission and core values of Veritas and can translate those into actions and results. He or she demonstrates a deep understanding of real estate market conditions, a drive toward identifying and closing new opportunities, and a collaborative and solution oriented approach to challenging situations. The goal of the Development Manager is to work closely with the asset, acquisitions and property management teams towards prudent collaboration during the due diligence and pre-close period of new acquisitions.
An excellent candidate is comfortable and connected in the San Francisco Bay Area residential real estate market and is eager to work as part of a high performance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare reports to VP of Urban Development on all project related items
- Create and implement program processes
- Multi-tasking; manage dozens of small projects and manage prioritization schedules
- Project feasibility analysis (financial structure, cost estimates, establish project pro forma, due diligence)
- Design Process (Engage design team and oversee integrative review process with team, value engineering)
- Lead Community Engagement activities and charrettes
- Manage relationships with different public agencies
- Track all project budgets and prepare reports to be presented to Asset and Investment Management
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Well-developed social and cooperation skills
- Proven track record for successfully getting projects through entitlements
- Local development and/or large scale renovation project experience strongly preferred
- Ability to read architectural drawings and construction documents, and experience with both horizontal and vertical construction processes preferred
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
- Assist with project performance and budgets.
- Previous experience working in of construction, architecture and civil design is highly desired
- Highly proficient in financial modeling using Excel
- Detail-oriented and excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple project schedules and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business, or related field
- 5+ years of real estate development experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, and Microsoft Project – Yardi and AutoCAD a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is often performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to: PSG@veritasinv.com