Construction Accounts Payable Specialist
The Construction A/P Specialist provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed by receiving invoices, processing, verifying and reconciling in accordance with established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. Experience in the Construction Industry is critical in completing all tasks in accordance with the job description and standards.
The ideal candidate has experience in back office operations of construction management group and loves to work as an integral part of a high-performance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, process, and sort all incoming invoices, subcontractor invoices & pay applications.
- Act as primary contact for vendors via phone and email to answer billing and payment inquiries.
- Match invoices to Contracts, Purchase Orders and Work Orders to ensure accurate billing.
- Ensure vendor invoicing is complete, including lien waivers and any additional paperwork as required for payment.
- Code and enter invoice data in Yardi
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Resolve payment and documentation discrepancies with vendors
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Interact daily with project administrators, coordinators & managers in regards to payment needs or changes needed to vendor invoices
- Ensure that invoices requiring expedited payments are entered, approved and checks issued in a timely manner.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Participate in meetings by providing status updates on all Construction AP matters.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding of job cost accounting
- Basic understanding of general construction terminology
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Effectively adapts to change and demonstrates awareness of how his/her actions impact others
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or higher from a college or technical school preferred
- Two years AP experience with a minimum of one year experience with construction AP
- Prior experience using Yardi property management software strongly preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy of work, and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to: PSG@veritasinv.com