Construction Accounts Payable Specialist
The Construction A/P Specialist provides administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are issued by receiving invoices, processing, and reconciling in accordance with established policies and procedures in a timely and accurate manner. The successful candidate will be familiar with construction & job cost accounting.
The ideal candidate has experience in back office operations of a construction management group and loves to work as an integral part of a high-performance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, process, and sort all incoming invoices & pay applications.
- Act as primary contact for vendors via phone and email to answer billing and payment inquiries.
- Match invoices to Contracts, Purchase Orders and Work Orders to ensure accurate billing.
- Ensure vendor invoicing is complete, including lien waivers and any additional paperwork as required for payment.
- Code and enter invoice data in Yardi
- Resolve payment and documentation discrepancies with vendors
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Provide accurate document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Interact daily with project administrators, coordinators & managers in regard to payment needs or changes needed to vendor invoices
- Ensure that invoices requiring expedited payments are entered, approved and checks issued in a timely manner.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Participate in meetings by providing status updates on all Construction AP matters.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding of job cost accounting
- Basic understanding of general construction terminology
- Basic understanding of CSI codes
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Effectively adapts to change and demonstrates awareness of how his/her actions impact others
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or higher from a college or technical school preferred
- Two years AP experience with a minimum of one year experience with construction AP
- Prior experience using Yardi property management software preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy of work, and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Frequently work on projects and tasks that require deadlines for completion
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA – Financial District
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to: PSG@veritasinv.com