Assistant PM Infrastructure
The Assistant Project Manager Infrastructure, MEP understands the mission and core values of Veritas and can assist the team in translating those into actions and results. The goal of an Assistant Project Manager is to coordinate a wide range of construction projects from start to finish, supporting the effective delivery of the project on time and on budget.
The ideal APM Infrastructure candidate has some experience in construction methodologies and procedures, specifically MEP and is able to work effectively as part of a team of professionals of different disciplines. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support PM Infrastructure to develop scope, schedule, budgets, and collect/analyze proposals
- Coordinate job walks and assist Project Managers as required
- Ongoing updating and reporting of project budgets, schedules, and scope changes
- Coordinate with internal and external parties including subs, consultants and building officials
- Maintain adherence to project standards through project close out
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An understanding of construction procedures and project management principles
- Understanding of schedules, budgets, and scope of project reports
- Ability to prioritize projects project, multi-task, and change direction due to unforeseen conditions
- Experience working on construction of existing multi-residential structures, in an urban environment, a plus
- Some understanding of the rent-controlled residential environment a plus
- Ability to read architectural drawings and engineering drawing
- Ability to scope projects with minimal oversight from Project Manager/Director
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in working with San Francisco Public Agencies and PG&E is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Knowledge of MS Office, Microsoft Project, and Bluebeam -- knowledge of Yardi and AutoCAD a plus
- Real Estate
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Project Management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is often performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to: PSG@veritasinv.com.