Asset Management Analyst
The asset management team acts as the "owner's representative" and is essentially responsible for creating value and maximizing operations, overall financial performance and returns at both the individual asset level and the portfolio level over the investment life cycle. This includes consistent participation in key aspects of the strategy and performance of all assets from "cradle to grave", including asset acquisition, financing, lender compliance, business plan strategy development, pricing and operational strategy, budgeting/forecasting, capital project management and dispositions.
The asset management analyst is a key member of the asset management team and plays a critical role in supporting the asset management function in the areas described above. The asset management analyst works closely and collaboratively across multiple departments within the organization to support day-to-day asset management responsibilities. This includes responsibility for aggregating, analyzing and presenting data to facilitate asset and portfolio-level analysis and strategic decision-making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aggregate and maintain financial and operational performance data to support the asset management function and provide portfolio-level visibility through analytics into market and operational trends;
- Support decision-making at the individual asset level with informed financial analysis;
- Maintain reporting templates and provide a wide range of capital partners, including lenders and LPs, with updates on financial and operating performance;
- Work across departments to support the quarterly investor reporting process at the asset, JV and consolidated portfolio level;
- Support the financial analysis of new investment opportunities including participation in the pro forma underwriting and due diligence process;
- Facilitate the successful onboarding of new real estate acquisitions including uploading YR 1 proforma budgets into Yardi;
- Manage and support the annual budgeting process, including maintaining and updating the budget shell; coordinate the preparation and delivery of key assumptions and schedules supporting the annual budgeting assumptions across departments and upload final budgets into Yardi;
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Keen understanding of real estate Investment concepts including asset underwriting and valuation process, discounted cash flow analyses, ROI and IRR;
- Well-developed analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated advanced level of proficiency in investment and financial performance modeling for real estate using MS Excel; experience creating original materials in MS Excel for budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting; ability to model large amounts of data;
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering accurate and thorough work product;
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks with specific deadlines; demonstrated ability to manage time effectively;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills; can build effective relationships across departments and outside of the organization;
- Self-motivated, responsible, accountable and mature, with an exceptional work ethic; ability to work independently, in addition to working collaboratively and effectively as a team member;
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative and operate successfully in a demanding, entrepreneurial organization experiencing fast-paced growth;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Highly competent with other MS Office tools including Word and PowerPoint; experience with Yardi and other industry-related software preferred;
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field with strong record of academic achievement. MBA preferred;
- 2 - 3 years of financial analysis and modeling experience in real estate investing and financial analysis required;
- Experience with multifamily investing, financing and operations preferred;
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse;
- Repetitive phone use;
- Frequent sitting and walking;
- Constant reading, comprehending, writing, communicating orally, reasoning and analyzing;
- Occasional travel to properties;
This Job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We provide employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Qualified job applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
ABOUT VERITAS INVESTMENTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, Veritas Investments is an experienced real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The company offers institutional and Individual investors a vertically-Integrated platform and a clearly defined investment strategy that focuses on acquiring undermanaged multifamily and urban retail properties and then enhancing their income and value through building and management improvements. The company holds a track record for moving quickly on opportunities, executing efficiently on strategy, and delivering superior financial performance to investors while giving back to the community.
Veritas Investments has been fortunate to be the recipient of many awards including two recent honors: IREM's Workplace Environment Award for Employee and Leadership Development and was also named Real Estate Investment Fund of the Year by REFI.