The AR Specialist is an integral member of the Finance & Accounting team. The AR Specialist’s main responsibility is to oversee all aspects of the rent collection process for all properties in the Specialist’s portfolio. To succeed in the role, the AR Specialist must be self-motivated, extremely organized, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Collaboration between other members of the Finance & Accounting team and Property Management team is an imperative function of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process payments for 1000 plus unit portfolio
- Prepare receivable collection report
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
- Prepare Annual Rent Increase Letters, Capital Improvement Notices, O&M Notices
- Maintain electronic accounts receivable customer files and records
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
- Prepare bank deposits
- Process adjustments, tenant move-ins and deposit refunds
- Assist with month-end closing
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Special projects and reporting as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently under minimal supervision; self-starter
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow-up effectively with all levels within the organization and clients
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred major in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounts Receivable preferred
- Property management experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft applications - Word and Excel
- San Francisco Property Management Accounts Receivable experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of SF Rent Board Ordinances Licenses/certificates
- Yardi software experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use office equipment such as computers and copiers, to use hands and fingers operate tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Veritas family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to:
People and Culture Department
600 California Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108